Wednesday, February 24, 2010

When I survey the wondrous cross...

Last night as I was practicing my song for church (When I survey) all of a sudden I felt the need to sing another song, "The Via Dolorosa". As I was singing this song I started paying more attention to the words and then it hit me. Jesus Christ knew before He even came down upon this earth exactly what was going to happen. He KNEW he would be betrayed, beaten, and killed but yet He STILL came to save wretched sinners like you and I. So as I sat there and sang, tears streamed down my face not only for what Christ had done but how. If you have not heard the song before the song is about Jesus walking down the "road of suffering" to be put death upon the cross. I wanted to write down some of the lyrics:
Down the Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem that day
The soldiers tried to clear the narrow street
But the crowd pressed in to see
The Man condemned to die on Calvary

He was bleeding from a beating, there were stripes upon His back
And He wore a crown of thorns upon His head
And He bore with every step
The scorn of those who cried out for His death

Down the Via Dolorosa called the way of suffering
Like a lamb came the Messiah, Christ the King,
But He chose to walk that road out of
His love for you and me.
Down the Via Dolorosa, all the way to Calvary.



Can you even imagine doing something like that? But it didn't end there did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment