Saturday, May 8, 2010

Have you hugged your Mom today?

Mother's Day; a time for memories to come up and new ones to be made. A day we take aside and thank mothers, grandmothers, and aunts for all that they do. I have been extremely blessed with a big family with wonderful women in it. I love Mother's Day in that I can show my Mom how much I appreciate her as well as my Grandmothers. This year it's a little bittersweet though as it always is for those who have lost those they love. All of my great grandmothers have passed, one just last year. I loved them all dearly but I really only knew two well. My Gram and my Nana were women who have helped make me the person I am today.
My Gram was one of the sweetest person I knew. She was always gentle and never spoke harshly. She showed me how to love unconditionally and to hold each day precious.
My Nana was a cultured woman. She had lived in New York City and worked at the United Nations. She was the fun one and always made me laugh. She showed me to never take myself too seriously and that laughing is good for the soul.
I don't know what I'd do without my Mother. She is someone who works very hard even though she is sick. I am so grateful for her as I am my grandmothers.
I want to remind you to show YOUR appreciation for your mothers, grandmothers, and aunts not just on Mother's Day but everyday. Don't wait, you never know what will happen. A life can be gone in just a moment but encouragement lasts a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment