Saturday, June 19, 2010

I'm Just Passing Through

I'm having one of those days where I wish I could already be in heaven. Don't get me wrong or anything. I just feel like saying: "God, can't you come back now?" I don't know about you, but, I must say I hate living in this world. As the old song goes"This world is not my home". I yearn for heaven, a place with no more sin and pain. I yearn for family and friends who are already there. But most of all, I yearn to be with God. He is so powerful and all-knowing, it boggles my mind.
The one good thing is...
I CAN have a relationship with Him here and now. In fact God wants to have a personal relationship with me. It's why He sent Christ to die. Everytime I feel down, I remind myself of this:
God loved me so much that He gave His only SON to die a horrible death so that I could go to heaven.
It's so incredible and awesome!
Think about it for a minute...
Imagine you have a son...
You love your son very much
He is special because he is your ONLY son
Then imagine giving him up to be born a man, knowing that to do so he would die on a cross like a common thief
He would die that way after doing nothing wrong...EVER
Not only that but he would die for the ones who killed him and all those who had done wrong
Can you imagine wanting to die to save the lives of those who were killing and inflicting pain upon you?
I can't even comprehend it.
The verse below, you most likely know. It's simple and to the point but so PROFOUND.
John 3:16-
"For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

No comments:

Post a Comment