Monday, March 28, 2011

Just like Jesus?

So it's my last week of my Breaking Free Bible study now, something that is bittersweet. I have enjoyed and been blessed by it so immensely. Praise the Lord for Godly women like Beth Moore. The other day I was going through and I came upon this part:
"The more we gaze on the beauty of the Lord as we seek Him in His temple, the more our lives absorb and radiate His splendor. [Like the husband showing the photo of his beautiful wife] God also wants to show off our pictures. His ultimate goal is to display our portrait and say, "Doesn't she [he] look so much like my Son? A remarkable likeness, wouldn't you say?" That's what it means to be a "display of his splendor." A living and visible portrait of the beauty of God."
What an awesome way to put it! I want God to be proud of me and my actions. I want Him to see His Son in my countenance.

Psalm 27:4- "One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple."

No comments:

Post a Comment