Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Beginning has Ended: Finishing my First Year of College

I have to say, this school year went super fast. It feels like just yesterday I was arriving at BBC; wondering why in the world I was there. Yet at the same time, it feels so long ago. I have seen myself grow in so many ways since then. As this summer flies me by I am trying to prepare myself for the year. I am going to be an RA, which to me is an amazing opportunity and a blessing :). Anyways, back to my freshman year, I never anticipated how much I would get out of my classes. I learned so much, especially in my Bible classes. And instead of listening mindlessly, I learned to think for myself and find out what I believed and how to have a Biblical basis for my life. There have been so many who have imputed into my life this year. My RA, RD, friends, my roommate, profs...etc. I am so grateful to them for the encouragement they brought me. 
It hasn't been an easy year for me. My grandfather is still dealing with stage four cancer. My parents have had a stressful year financially...etc. And I had all the ups and downs of just beginning college. 
Yet, this year has brought me so much closer to the Lord. I have learned that I absolutely cannot do this on my own. Instead I have to rely only on God. 

Isaiah 41:10 
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Anyways, I am excited to see what God holds for me in the next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment