Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Should old acquaintance be forgot...


It's 2014! Can't believe it. It's such an exciting time, the start of a new year. I don't know about you but I feel so hopeful. Everything is fresh, you don't have to make the mistakes you did last year. You can move on and improve. That's where those new year's resolutions come in. Everyone has high expectations (or low I suppose, depending on your outlook of life) of what this coming year will be like. All the things you want changed come to mind and it seems like a wonderful idea to take that step toward becoming the person you always wanted to be.
It's also a time to reflect. I'm one of those people who is constantly going. I don't allow myself to just be still and think. Over this holiday break I've done a lot of thinking, remembering what took place this year. I have to say, I am incredibly blessed. This year was extremely hard at times but I learned so much. I saw God at work in my life and the lives of so many others. It's interesting because often we don't see God working while it's taking place. Most times when God is doing something big, changing people into the image of His Son, it is incredibly painful. It's uncomfortable to say the least to go through trials, "refining" periods of time. But looking back you can see the purpose behind the situation and how you are better because of it.
This year I've had a number of incredible experiences. For one, I traveled overseas to the beautiful country of India. Wow, it still shocks me that I can actually say that. It has been my dream ever since I was a little girl. That trip changed my life completely. I don't even have words to describe how incredible it was.
I also started my senior of college. WHOA. I never actually thought I would get this far. I am one step closer to becoming a full time missionary :) So exciting!
All this to say, I met so many amazing individuals this year. That was the highlight for sure. I have made so many new friends, especially during my time in India. I also built stronger relationships with friends I already had. When it all comes down to it, that's what matters: the lives you made a difference in. I suppose you could say that's my resolution for 2014. I want to impact others with the love of God. I want to be Christ to those around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment