Monday, August 23, 2010

The day of my birth...

Well, I am now officially 18 years old. Weird! I feel so old, so "grown up". I hate it! Just kidding, though, actually I just don't like it. (Hate is too strong a word) I have now spent my first birthday at college and my first day of classes here. A weird combo no? Needless to say, I was not very happy about having to do school on MY birthday. It has been a strange day actually, it does not feel like a birthday AT ALL. My family isn't here, my friends from home aren't here, and I didn't get to eat birthday cake! ;D Bummer, I know.
It's weird, I actually forgot today was my birthday! You see, at lunch, I saw some pretty tempting brownies as dessert. I did not allow myself one, thinking only of the numerous calories they contained. If I had realized TODAY was my birthday I would definitely taken one! (and consequently gained 10lbs for the sake of Murphy's Law)
It hasn't been too bad of a day though. My RA gave me some flowers! They're very pretty and are on my desk. My Mom, Danielle, and Skylar left me cards and a present, which was thoughtful of them. I also got many "Happy Birthday"s.
I'm just INCREDIBLY homesick and wish I were home having a true birthday party. :(
So, anyone wanna bake me a cake? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment