Thursday, December 23, 2010

Role Models

You know, I've been thinking... A dangerous past time I know... :P
We truly never know the impact we have on other people's lives sometimes.
Off-hand I can think of lots of people who I have looked up to or still do; including teachers, pastors, friends, family, etc...
Everyone is looked up to in some matter, whether it's a younger person or anyone really, people notice things about you.
As a college student I see it happen even more. I see high-schoolers and children look at me like I'm some sort of "god" something so far in the distance but longed for. (Not to be vain...haha) I have talked with older folks and they envy me for getting to be young.
I did the same when I was young. I would look at those older to me and try to be just like them. I wanted to pattern my life after theirs (in a non-creepy way).
What I'm trying to say is, whether we like it or not people are watching us and looking to us as a model. As Christians this is even more so.
Our lives are to be a witness of what Jesus Christ has done. Jesus was truly the greatest role model and we are to pattern ourselves to become more and more like Him.
1 John 2:6 
Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did
What we see in others can make or break things. The reason why Christians get such a bad rap is because of the hypocrites. They say one thing and do the next. I will be the first to admit I do that way more that I like (which is not at all). I hate when I find myself in sin and walking away from what I believe. It's not how I want to live but it happens all the time and I know it will continue to happen while I'm on this earth. However, just because you're going to fail does not mean you shouldn't try. God is there to pick you up and help you when you fall. He can keep you from falling as well.

Siblings, friends, onlookers, everyone is watching to see how we live. We should live like Jesus and set a good example for others. Be a good example! Think about how you're living and how that affects others!
1 Corinthians 10:31 - Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment