Thursday, January 20, 2011

Purpose for our pain


Today I looked up Max Lucado's everyday blessing for today. I have to say today's was perfect for me.

"When we face struggles, we often wonder, Why? Years from now, though, we may realize that it was those struggles that taught us somethin we could not have otherwise learned- that there was a purpose in our pain.

God's purpose is greater than your pain, and He has a greater purpose than your problems."
~ Max Lucado

Your faith makes you offer your lives as a sacrifice in serving God. - Philippians 2:17

If you know me, you will probably know that I have been through many hard times and struggles. I'm not complaining, in fact I am insanely grateful for them. It took struggles for me to wake up and stop trying to rely on myself. It was those struggles that lead me to want to become a missionary. It was those hard times that taught me that God is always with me NO MATTER WHAT and that He will give peace and hope to those that ask. And finally, it was the pain that brought me to the realization that I can only find fufillment in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment