Saturday, August 6, 2011

But God is STILL Good

Well, my Mom called me today to tell me that my grandfather is in the hospital once more. The cancer is back and he is not doing well. We don't know how much longer he has. My heart breaks but yet I have peace. Know why? Because I know God is control of this situation.

Isaiah 26:3,4
3 You keep him in perfect peace
   whose mind is stayed on you,
   because he trusts in you.
4Trust in the LORD forever,
   for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.(ESV)



2 Corinthians 4:16-18
16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day.
17 For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!
18 So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever. (NLT)



Please be in prayer for my family. I hope to go home tonight to see my grandfather tomorrow. It's going to be hard because I cannot go home for a month after this due to RA training and school starting.  We don't know how much longer he has but God does and all I can do right now is pray. 
Cherish the time you have to spend with family. You never know how much time you have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment